Location: Remote (+/- 3 hours CET) or from our office in Tartu, Estonia
Starting Date: Immediately
Hi I’m Martin Jeret, CEO at Codemagic
I’m looking for a Product Manager to join the team and own our codemagic.io product. We’re a small team, but have been growing fast recently and me and the CTO can’t give our product as much attention as it requires.
I’m looking for someone to take on the challenge and play a critical role in defining and communicating our strategic priorities for our market leading mobile CI/CD product codemagic.io. We want someone who, like us, cares deeply about understanding our customers and the developer community and who takes pride in building awesome products.
We’re working through complex challenges and ushering in a new era of build and release automation — and you’ll be instrumental in defining the next phase of Codemagic’s future.
At Codemagic, Product Management is not well defined yet, but will play a central role in developing our roadmap and prioritising development efforts to reach our goals. It is important to be data driven, but that is not enough. You also need to know what is happening in the market, understand context and talk to users. A big part of the value you bring is understanding customer needs, coming up with new ideas and how solving problems will move our metrics.
Our team works mainly with the customer development teams; engaging with senior developers and team leads. Sales generally works with compliance and security teams as well. Most of our customers are very good technical developers and have previous devops experience. You’ll do your best work at Codemagic with incredibly talented and passionate people from all walks of life!
Meaningful work you’ll contribute :
- Define and manage Codemagic’s product roadmap.
- Create hypotheses about how to grow and improve our product and test them repeatedly
- Collect and analyze data from a variety of sources to identify underlying patterns and opportunities.
- Represent the customer by understanding their needs and being their champion. With a constant pulse on the market, customers, competitors, and technology trends, you are uniquely positioned to discover and develop market-leading solutions.
- Serve as a product manager, leading one or more cross-functional teams that collaborate to iteratively define, build, test, document and launch capabilities in our products that unlock additional value via customer-centric solutions.
- Build clearly prioritized, documented, and communicated product roadmaps, agile stories, and acceptance criteria.
- Partner cross-functionally with customer engineering, software engineering, and GTM teams to deliver maximum customer value.
- The customer’s champion. We serve our customers by managing their expectations and delivering what we promise.
- An entrepreneurial-minded spirit—you enjoy the challenge of expanding new territory and have a passion for assessing the quickly changing market and ecosystem.
- A team player—you understand product development is a challenge best tackled as a team effort. You effectively partner with your engineering, customer engineers, Sales and Marketing counterparts effectively utilizing their expertise.
- A skilled negotiator with a knack for identifying the right solutions that best address customers’ needs and articulating the value propositions. You are comfortable leading with influence, not authority - a great product manager rallies a team behind solving the customer's problem, not dictating what they do.
- Scrappy and self-directed. You are skilled at autonomously driving projects in a startup environment with minimal guidance and limited resources while having a ton of freedom and creativity to continue moving forward. You roll up your sleeves and drive execution and results.
Skills and experiences we value
- iOS experience (setting up CI/CD for iOS apps)
- Product management experience
- Worked at a company that makes developer products
- Comfortable working with SQL and NoSQL
- Proven track record working well across remote teams.
- Working knowledge of agile software delivery with an understanding of CI/CD, DevOps or relevant tools.
- Experience in the DevOps market.
Bonus, but not required (shout about it in your application if you have experience):
- Experience with Codemagic or related solutions in the DevOps space is strongly desired. Knowledge of DevOps and relevant tools is a strong plus.
We value passion and desire to learn and we have a diverse team. If you’re up for a challenge and it seems like a dream job, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway!
Please note, this position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
About Codemagic: Our core mission is to give developers actionable feedback to make releasing mobile apps easy. It’s a nightmare to release apps today and we can change that. We partnered with Google in 2018 to bring Codemagic to market and have since validated our go to market strategy and gained the support of the developer community.
As we experience fast growth and increase adoption, we realize that our success is a collective effort; all made possible by the incredible people working here, our customers, partners, and Codemagic community. Our culture is built on transparency, diversity, meritocracy and support — and we seek people who are resilient, entrepreneurial-minded, team players who continually strive to be incrementally better every single day. If this sounds like the environment you’d thrive in, why not say hello?
The position is full time - either from our HQ in Tartu, Estonia, or in other parts of the world remotely (preferably within 3h time difference).