Senior Content Manager
Location: Remote (+/- 3 hours CET) or from our office in Tartu, Estonia
Starting Date: Immediately
Hi, I'm Marie Jaksman, CMO at Codemagic!
Releasing mobile apps is a nightmare and we’re tired of it! At Codemagic we’re on a mission to empower mobile app developers to build -test-and deliver quality apps faster! Our growth team is no different.
I'm looking for an experienced Principal Content Manager to join our Codemagic team. Our ambitions in our growth team of two are big and we need a dedicated person to take over the content growth strategy. As you grow into the role you will take ownership of the content planning, roadmap, and execution at Codemagic.
We create a balance of commercial and developer centric content, you would closely collaborate with the Developer Relations and Sales teams to learn what matters for our community and customers so that the content we produce makes an impact.
Principal Content Manager will be part of a team of talented developer marketing people who consistently break new ground in performance marketing. This is a dynamic role that needs a jack-of-all-trades marketing wizard who can jump in and find the opportunities for strategic improvements.
The role fits you if you are passionate about mobile app development, you are fond of the developer community and are interested in creating helpful content for mobile app developers.
- Develop an understanding of our product space - devops tools and discover new marketing opportunities to grow our audience with existing and new channels
- Use customer, competitive, and market research to build and execute Codemagic content strategy to engage prospective customers, drive conversion and ensure the satisfaction of existing users.
- Be ready to write clear, engaging, on-brand, search optimised content, designed to promote Codemagic CI/CD to increase organic traffic and conversions.
- Grow Codemagic through engaging with the community on relevant channels for developers (Reddit / Stackoverflow/ Quora / Twitter) and build high-impact partnerships with meetups, developer conferences & local developer communities
Skills and experiences we value
- Genuine passion and interest in mobile app development.
- You have 4+ years of experience in a similar role
- Outstanding copywriting skills in English.
- Strong understanding of wider digital marketing channels and how they work together.
- Strong analytical skills & attention to detail with a data-informed mentality and willing to take risks.
- Terms like code-signing, CI/CD, DevOps and SDKs aren’t made-up sounds to you.
- You have some contextual understanding of wider marketing disciplines like SEO, CRM, CRO, Content, and PR.
- Strong self-starter, get-things-done attitude and good collaboration skills.
- You are comfortable with creating content in markdown.
Bonus, but not required (shout about it in your application if you have experience):
- Tons of Reddit and other dev community relevant channels karma is good karma.
- A solid understanding of SEO best practices, and the ability to write creative copy.
- Experience with Codemagic or related solutions in the DevOps space
If you’re up for a challenge and it seems like a dream job, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway!
Life at Codemagic
We are still small (under 30) and a big part of our team is remote. We value a good work life balance and don’t like to have too many meetings. We value people that are humble, goal oriented and like to take initiative and follow through. This requires strong self-discipline, respect towards each other and never settling for average. We are optimistic and not afraid of the unknown and making risky decisions. Technical aptitude for the role is important, but self-motivation and a great attitude is what makes working in a team fun!
- 28 days of paid annual leave
- Free day of on your birthday
- Sports compensation
- Flexible work hours and home office policy, where you can find the right balance between work and life for maximum results and personal growth.
Please note, this position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
About Codemagic: Our core mission is to give developers actionable feedback to make releasing mobile apps easy. It’s a nightmare to release apps today and we can change that. We partnered with Google in 2018 to bring Codemagic to market and have since validated our go to market strategy and gained the support of the developer community. We have a good product market fit with one market segment - Flutter developers and are growing into other mobile technologies as well.