Developer Relations Engineer
Location: Remote (+/- 3 hours CET) or from our office in Tartu, Estonia
Starting Date: Immediately
Hi I’m Martin Jeret, CEO at Codemagic
I’m looking for a Developer Relations Engineer to join the team. We’re a small team, but have been growing fast recently and see Developer Relations as a big opportunity to make our product better and engage with the wider developer community.
We want someone who, like us, cares deeply about understanding our customers and the developer community. At Codemagic, Developer Relations is not well defined yet and you will be the first hire. This means that we will work closely together in shaping the team.
We produce content that is both commercial and technical. Commercial is about helping people understand our value proposition, while technical content is about creating a knowledge base around existing issues that our customers or the developer community have questions about.
Meaningful work you’ll contribute :
- Increasing product adoption by finding creative ways to show how Codemagic can be useful to developers.
- You will become an expert in some areas of the product and you would share that knowledge at meetups and conferences.
- Keeping an eye on some open source projects/tools e.g. Fastlane, Danger, Flutter, GitLab, some GitHub Actions and demonstrating how to use them with Codemagic.
- Be our customer zero - dogfooding new features and giving feedback to the product and development team about the developer experience. You are the voice of the user not the business
- help us with writing documentation and code samples about new features
- Previous Dev-Rel experience with a developer product.
- Ability to stay true to the customer point of view
- Experienced mobile developer with good understanding of CI/CD practices
- Experience with Jenkins or other on site solutions is a plus
- Able to keep up with latest changes in the industry and is already reading/listening to what is happening in the community.
- Humble and goal oriented.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, and fluent in English.
We value passion and desire to learn and we have a diverse team. If you’re up for a challenge and it seems like a dream job, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway!
- 28 days of paid annual leave
- Free day of on your birthday
- Sports compensation
- Flexible work hours and home office policy, where you can find the right balance between work and life for maximum results and personal growth.
Life at Codemagic
We are still small (under 30) and a big part of our team is remote. We value a good work life balance and don’t like to have too many meetings. We value people that are humble, goal oriented and like to take initiative and follow through. This requires strong self-discipline, respect towards each other and never settling for average. We are optimistic and not afraid of the unknown and making risky decisions. Technical aptitude for the role is important, but self-motivation and a great attitude is what makes working in a team fun!
Please note, this position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
About Codemagic: Our core mission is to give developers actionable feedback to make releasing mobile apps easy. It’s a nightmare to release apps today and we can change that. We partnered with Google in 2018 to bring Codemagic to market and have since validated our go to market strategy and gained the support of the developer community.